The Subaru Mobile-It-Ease™ Program
The Subaru Mobile-It-Ease™ Program* provides reimbursement of up to $500 on new Subaru vehicles from authorized Subaru dealers in the United States to help qualifying owners get necessary vehicle modification due to medically recognized physical disabilities.
Subaru Legacy, Outback, Impreza, Forester and Tribeca models can be modified to provide added features, including but not limited to:
- Left-hand gear shifter
- Hand and foot controls
- Servo-assisted controls
- Steering devices
- Pedal extensions
- Turn-signal modification
We are proud to bring the active safety and reliability to as many drivers as possible
- Applies only to the purchase of new Subaru vehicles from authorized Subaru dealers in the United States.
- The Mobile-It-Ease™ program covers only necessary equipment to adapt an eligible Subaru vehicle for persons with disabilities. The adaptations require a prescription or letter from a medical doctor. (Subaru factory optional equipment is not reimbursable under this program.)
- Subaru will reimburse up to $500 of vehicle modifications
- Vehicle modifications must be made within six months of vehicle purchase. A properly completed Claim Form for reimbursement along with all necessary supporting documentation (listed above) must be submitted to Subaru of America, Inc.'s CDS Department within 180 days of installation (refer to address on claim form).
- Subaru of America, Inc.'s decision on eligibility is final.
The following items are considered obvious adaptations that would qualify for this program, though they may not apply to your vehicle. If your adaptation is not on this list, or if you have any questions, please call 1-800-SUBARU-3 for approval.
- Reduced Effort Brakes
- Driving Consoles
- Elbow Switches
- Emergency Back-Up Brake System
- Foot Control Steering
- Gear Selector Lever for Left Hand
- Hand Controls
- Left Foot Accelerator
- Parking Brake – Electric
- Parking Brake - Extension Lever
- Quad Key Holder/Turner
- Servo Assisted Controls
- Siren Detectors
- Steering System - Emergency Back-Up
- Steering System - Reduced and Zero Effort
- Turn Signal Lever for Right Hand
- Wheelchair and/or Scooter Lifts or Ramps
- Wheelchair Carrier on Top of Vehicle
- Steering Devices
(Factory Option Power Seats NOT ELIGIBLE for reimbursement.)
Modifying your Subaru can open a world of possibilities. New technologies make the benefits of modification available to more people than ever before.
The National Highway Traffic Safety Association (www.NHTSA.gov) regulates the manufacture of automotive adaptive equipment and modified vehicles used by persons with disabilities. You can get a copy of Adapting Motor Vehicles for People with Disabilities from NHTSA either online or by calling 888-327-4236.
Here is an overview of the process set forth by NHTSA:
- Investigate cost saving opportunities and licensing requirements
- Evaluate your needs
- Select the right vehicle
- Choose a qualified dealer to modify your vehicle
- Obtain training on the use of new equipment
- Maintain your vehicle
National Highway Safety Association
National Mobility Equipment Dealers Association (NMEDA)
- (800) 833-0427
The Association for Driver Rehabilitation Specialists (ADED)
- (608) 884-8833
Subaru Customer Dealer Services
- (800) SUBARU-3
- (800) 782-2783